Our MSDS program welcomes ambitious and talented applicants from a wide range of backgrounds. While a bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, physics, statistics, applied mathematics, or other closely related fields is ideal, we also embrace students from diverse academic backgrounds, such as economics and business administration, among others, recognizing the value of their unique perspectives.
Your Path to Success Begins Here
Applicants are carefully selected based on their performance in AIM’s Data Science qualifying exam and an interview, assessing their potential to excel in leadership roles within the data science field. Engage with our esteemed data science professors and MSDS alumni during the interview process, showcasing your drive and passion for data science.
The MSDS Qualifying Exam Coverage
- Differential Calculus
- General Mathematics and Logical Reasoning
- Linear Algebra
- Probability and Statistics
Prepare for the Journey Ahead
Though advanced programming skills are not required for admission, accepted applicants with minimal or no programming experience are expected to learn Python programming before classes commence. Begin your MSDS journey confidently, equipped with basic Python programming skills by the start of Term 1.
Each year, the program has one intake for the full-time program and two for the part-time program. For the full-time program, classes begin in July of every year. For the part-time, the intakes are in January and July.
- Start your online application at go.aim.edu/applymsds.
- Submit the following documents:
- Completed online application form
- Updated curriculum vitae
- A copy of official Transcript of Academic Records
- Professional recommendation (If self-employed, a Certificate of Business Registration instead)
- Valid government-issued ID or ID Page of Passport for Non-Filipino applicants
- Pay the USD 100 application fee and take the AIM Data Science Qualifying Exam (AIMDSQE).
- Undergo an admissions interview (shortlisted applicants only).
- Qualified applicants will be invited for an interview with the faculty at a mutually convenient date
- Await admissions result.
- Results will be sent via email
- Reserve your slot for enrollment.
- Pay the reservation fee which will be deducted from the total program fee
- Apply for loans, if applicable