We accept driven and skillful applicants with diverse backgrounds. Most of our alumni and students have backgrounds in engineering and the sciences, but we also have holders of economics, business administration, and development communication degrees, among others. Students are selected and admitted based on their scores in the qualifying exam and interview, which will gauge their potential to assume leadership roles in the field of data science. The interview is typically conducted by AIM’s data science professors.
Qualifying Exam Coverage:
- Elementary Calculus
- General Mathematics and Logical Reasoning
- Linear Algebra
- Probability and Statistics
Although advanced programming skills are not required during the application process, accepted applicants with minimal to zero skills in programming are instructed to learn Python programming before classes begin. All incoming MSDS students are expected to possess the basic Python programming skills by the time Term 1 starts.
- Start your online application at go.aim.edu/applymsds.
- Submit the following documents:
- Completed online application form
- Updated curriculum vitae
- A copy of official Transcript of Academic Records
- Professional recommendation (If self-employed, a Certificate of Business Registration instead)
- Valid government-issued ID or ID Page of Passport for Non-Filipino applicants
- Pay the USD 100 application fee and take the AIM Data Science Qualifying Exam (AIMDSQE).
- Undergo an admissions interview (shortlisted applicants only).
- Qualified applicants will be invited for an interview with the faculty at a mutually convenient date
- Await admissions result.
- Results will be sent via email
- Reserve your slot for enrollment.
- Pay the reservation fee which will be deducted from the total program fee
- Apply for loans, if applicable